Deadline: January 5, 2020
Entry fee: Free
Prizes: £500, participation in the exhibition
In advance of our 2020 Report on Gender, Intersectionality and Health, Global Health 50/50 is hosting a global photo contest to capture diverse representations of what gender – for men, women, transgender people and/or people with non-binary gender identities – looks like in their communities.
Participants are invited to submit up to two original photographs that examine gender through their own lens. We encourage photographers to share their vision of a world working toward gender equality, social justice and health for all.
This contest aims to generate imagery of diverse representations of gender and explore how gender norms – rigid and fluid, traditional and progressive – influence power, opportunity and wellbeing in different communities.
We encourage photographers to contribute to expanding the imagery associated with the concept of gender by exploring, for example:
- the interaction between gender, health and wellbeing
- the political and commercial exploitation of limited gender roles for men and women
- how gender intersects with other aspects of identities, vulnerabilities and privileges
- people or communities challenging rigid or unhealthy gender norms
- GBP £500
- Provide the cover photo to the 2020 Global Health 50/50 Report, which will be launched globally to coincide with International Women’s Day, 8 March 2020
- Showcased at photo exhibit at the launch of the 2020 Report
- Invited to be displayed in the 2020 Global Health 50/50 Report and showcased at report launches
Entry to the competition is free. You will retain full copyright over your own work.