Opening: September 29, 2019
Deadline: December 1, 2019
Entry fee: €25, Young – Free
Prizes: €250, €500, €3,000, trekking in Malawi, valuable prizes
Send your images to participate in Asferico 2020, one of the most important contest of naturalistic photography, arrived at its 14th edition.
The competition is open to amateur or professional photographers of any age or nationality.
Each entrant is allowed a total of thirty (30) entries into the Adult Competition, such total is intended to be distributed freely across the different categories.
Young photographers may submit a maximum of five (5) images between various categories.
The majesty of a scenario or the intimacy of a glimpse represent the inspiration of every photographer, who has to instill the feeling of amazement given by the uncontaminated nature.
- Underwater Worlds
The underwater world is unknown to most people. The submarine life (plants, animals or habitats), from marine to freshwater environments, is a fascinating subject and it can be portrayed with images able to tell their essence in a unique and unforgettable experience.
- Other Animals
The fantastic diversity of shapes, behaviors and relationships of the animal kingdom can be pictured through portraits, settings or action scenes able to instill the character or the soul of the subject in an original and exciting way.
- Plants and Fungi
The delicacy of a flower or the strength of an ancient tree are few examples of a biodiversity that can be portrayed in many different ways through the sensitivity of a careful observer.
- Composition and Forms
The beauty of nature can be resumed with imagination and creativity playing with shapes and colors and with blurry and reflections while looking for unique and personal visions.
- Man and Nature
A combination of contrasts and contradictions, but also of balances and coexistence. Every photographer for once in his/her life must have photographed meaningful pictures able to impress the observer sensitizing to a respect for nature that is often lacking.
- The overall winner, selected from the pool of winners of the eight categories, will receive 3.000 € cash + a 10 days trekking in Malawi.
- Each of the remaining 7 winners will receive a prize of 500 € cash, while the runner up of each category will receive a 250 € prize. Furthermore, 8 more photographer will be selected in each of the eight categories.
- In the young photographers category will be awarded the two pictures of the age groups with a 200 € gift card. The runner up of each age group will receive the competition catalog.
- All winners and selected photographers will receive the catalogue of the contest, are invited to participate in the awards ceremony and to attend the gala dinner during Asferico 2020 Photofestival.
- 29 September – 1 December 2019 : Submit of images
- 2 January 2020 : Pre-selection outcomes
- 2–19 January 2020 : Request for RAW and JPEG format files in high-resolution and image descriptions
- 31 January – 2 February 2020 : Jury
- 10 February 2020 : Notification of winners
- Subscription fee for photographer is € 25,00
- For the young photographers (aged 17 and under on the opening date of the competition) subscription is free